Our unique Active Antenatal™ method is a ground breaking, effective and all encompassing pregnancy class helping you to learn your antenatal education and active birth techniques in a truly effective way – anchored to your breath, your body and your movement – exactly where you will need it on your baby’s birthing day.
Our use of repetitive gentle flowing moves, incorporating some of our trademark “Rotate to Dilate” and “Accelerator Pedal” birth-orientated positions will have you riding the waves of labour with ease.
Classes support you on your journey as your baby grows with powerful, practical antenatal education, nourishing support and of course, laughter too!
Daisy Birthing® will help you stay active in pregnancy, ease those pregnancy symptoms and prepare you for a confident and calmer birth in a relaxed, non-judgemental, supportive environment.
Classes can be started from 14 weeks of pregnancy and are taught over a six-week term. Women can do as many terms as they wish until baby is born to help with muscle memory so that the techniques become inherent during labour.
Each class will deliver:
• Traditional antenatal education
• Active birth awareness
• An easy way to understand medical induction and interventions
• Flowing movement sequences anchored to your body and breath
• Breathing techniques for every stage of labour
• Relaxation techniques
• Peer-to-peer support in a women only class
• Our unique pregnancy classes are approved by FEDANT as an Antenatal Movement education programme, giving you reassurance of our knowledge and professionalism.
• Gentle flowing movements are designed especially for pregnant women to help baby into optimum foetal position and prepare birthing muscles. Movement is uniquely linked to affirmation and birth hypnosis techniques, to instil a sense of confidence and knowledge in mums on their birthing journey.
• A guided relaxation and confidence boosting segment helps release anxieties and help you achieve a birthing experience you feel bonded to. All women can benefit from this – yes, we do explore active birth, but also consider the role of hormones and mindset and so often attract mums-to-be who know they may have a managed or assisted delivery.
Classes are supportive of all birth choices and are adapted to suit (and in many cases help ease) most pregnancy conditions and ailments.
Terms are booked as a block of six classes and a different element of your antenatal education is focused on each week. Tuesday evenings at The Old Chapel Upminster and Wednesday evenings or Saturday mornings at Mumspace, Mothercare Romford.